Sunday, July 7, 2013

Yerba Mate' Black - Recipe Review

Right at this moment, I am drinking the first bottle of Yerba Mate' Black. I have to say, I'm quite impressed with myself on this one. So much thought and anguish went into the success of this beer, and more than any other beer I've brewed, I wanted this one to be good.

My review:
The chocolate malt is the first thing I noted. As the cocoa flavor settles you taste the bitterness of the hops and Yerba Mate'. I believe only with a prior knowledge of the flavors of Yerba Mate' will you be able to distinguish the difference between the two, but both are definitively there. Overall I think this will have a larger fan base than expected, simply because I was expecting more of a Mate' kick, a taste which if you are familiar with, is one to be acquired. I'm quite proud of this beer, but next time I will use more Mate' following the boil, and possibly dry hop with it also. Finally, if you are interested in brewing up a Mate' batch yourself, shoot any questions my way and I'd love to help out.

My recipe:

No comments:

Post a Comment